The third annual One Boston Day is on Saturday, April 15 and you can help make a difference with St. Francis House.
As the City of Boston celebrates One Boston Day, we invite you to mark the day with St. Francis House. One Boston Day is an annual opportunity for businesses, organizations, and individuals to join together in celebrating the generosity of the Boston community.
Building off our successful shoe drive last year, we are partnering again with John Hancock for a sneaker drive to benefit our Fresh Threads department which distributes 3,000 pairs of shoes every year, unable to meet the full demand from those in need.
There will be collection bins strategically placed throughout Boston on One Boston Day, Saturday, April 15, 2017.
We thank you for your engagement and support in helping St. Francis House provide the resources for our guests to rebuild their lives.
All locations listed are in Boston, Massachusetts.
- St. Francis House, 39 Boylston Street
- Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel, 110 Huntington Avenue One Boston Day through Marathon Monday.
- Cheers Boston, 84 Beacon Street through to April 15.
- Other Cheers Group locations are participating: cheersboston.com/locations
- Fairmont Copley Hotel, 138 St. James Avenue through to April 17 in the lobby.
- Whole Foods Charles River, 181 Cambridge Street through to April 17 in front foyer near entrance/exit.
Join in the many ways in which you can give back in the community.
- Host a drive – email Sharon Lee
- Spread the word – tweet or share this page on Facebook using buttons at the bottom
- Drop off shoes on One Boston Day
John Hancock sponsored a citywide sneaker drive
Our Fresh Threads department distributes several thousand pairs of shoes every year to guests in need. The outpouring of community support was overwhelming, with 1,000 pairs of sneakers collected! John Hancock also donated $10,000 to purchase additional pairs of sneakers.
Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel hosted ice cream giveaway
The hotel hosted an ice cream truck on One Boston Day offering free ice cream, with a suggested donation collection to benefit St. Francis House’s clothing department and purchase sneakers for our guests in need.
Hampshire House Corporation & Beacon Hill Civic Association clothing and shoe drive
The Hampshire House Corporation held a clothing and shoe drive in conjunction with Beacon Hill Civic Association. Thanks to staff at Hampshire House, Cheers Beacon Hill, Cheers Faneuil Hall, 75 Chestnut, 75 on Liberty Wharf, and Beacon Hill Civic Association for their participation!
Grand Circle Corporation office sneaker drive
The office celebrated with a sneaker drive for our guests! The staff in their office donated 20 pairs of shoes, which will go directly to our guests in need here at St. Francis House.
University of Massachusetts – Boston
hosted a clothing drive
Troy Boston Apartments
hosted a shoe drive