The Emerging Leaders are a group of young leaders in the Greater Boston community who are passionate about supporting the mission of St. Francis House through advocacy, philanthropy, and volunteerism.
What do we do?
- Advocate for the greater mission of St. Francis House,
- Network with a younger, largely untapped demographic to grow the visibility of St. Francis House and its mission,
- Volunteer time and expertise to support the operation of St. Francis House and its programs
- Contribute resources via ‘give or get’ policy, and lead new/ creative fundraising strategies and methods
The Emerging Leaders manage 2 signature initiatives at St. Francis House:
Shooze Cruise, our annual Boston Harbor boat cruise to raise funds and awareness for the programs and services of St. Francis House, as well as replenish the foot-wear supply for our guests in need.
Race to the Finish Line, our annual fundraising blast to help support the St. Francis House marathon team!
& Of course, we are always brainstorming new ways to help! Check out our past projects below.
Who are we?
The Emerging Leaders is made up of young professionals in their 20’s and 30’s who strive to make a lasting impact – and make social responsibility inspiring, thought-provoking, and fun!
2021 Emerging Leaders Roster:
Charles Coffman, Stage Bio
Maxine Harvey, Grubhub
Mufaddal Mahesri, B&W Hospital/ HMS
Emily Perrotti, Blackbaud
Rachel Sears, First Republic Bank
Brendan Stack, Halloran Consulting Group
SFH Rep: Shannon Steele, Events & Engagement Coordinator
SFH Rep: Jillian Hebert, Leadership Gifts Officer
8/4/21: 18th Annual Shooze Cruise
Sept/Oct 2021: Race to the Finish Line
5/7/21: Women’s Day of Renewal
The Emerging Leaders identified, coordinated, and assembled locally sourced, minority-owned items to create robust goodie bags for the women of the St. Francis House Women’s Center. Check out SFH on FB for more details!
- Unique opportunity to directly impact the largest day shelter in Massachusetts dedicated to serving those vulnerable to or experiencing homelessness
- Chance to network with amazing like-minded young professionals
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Recognition on the SFH website and in our Newsletter
- Feel good by doing good!
“Living and working in a city, I see homelessness on display every day. It’s a major issue in our world today, and St. Francis House is a well-conceived organization that combats this issue the correct way –offering food, clothing, affordable housing, mentorship, and providing avenues for securing employment and in some cases, higher education. This is the type of help that can end someone’s homelessness permanently. Joining the Emerging Leaders group has allowed me to contribute to this cause and have a meaningful impact. It’s also a great opportunity to make connections with other young professionals in the Boston area. If you’re looking to make a difference in society and meet new people, joining the Emerging Leaders group is a fun way to begin doing so.”
– Sean, Former Emerging Leader at St. Francis House
Member Responsibilities Overview:
- Attend the majority of biweekly group meetings
- Attend at least 2 SFH events per year
- Commit a meaningful amount of volunteer hours to the programs and services of SFH
- Financially support SFH by giving or obtaining an annual contribution of at least $200 per fiscal year
- Leverage professional and/or personal networks for event planning and attendance, general fundraising, recruitment, and advocacy of SFH’s mission.
- Bringing a passion, interest, and dedication to the mission and guests of St. Francis House.
If you have questions or want to learn more, send us an email!