The coronavirus pandemic has not been easy on anyone. But for those individuals experiencing or vulnerable to homelessness who’ve lost their jobs because of it, or who were in the process of preparing to return to the world of work when the full force of it struck, it’s been especially tough.
The St. Francis House Workforce Development Department is still open for business, continuing to provide services and resources for our guests including sharing our expertise through webinars and posts.
Something you’d love more information on, but we haven’t included it here? Get in touch with our team.
Our team has been working diligently to turn our workshops into blog posts for online access. We will be updating this weekly, so stay tuned.
- Looking for a job? Don’t forget about digital apps
- Finding work in the time of COVID-19
- It’s All About the Interview
- St. Francis House and Suffolk University’s CORI Project
- Overview: Writing a Resume
- Navigating the Virtual Job Fair
- Targeting Companies that Thrive During a “Downturn” like COVID-19
- Online Professional Development Opportunities
- Freelancing and Contracting amidst the present Covid-19 Environment
Our team has been working diligently to turn our workshops into webinars for online access. We will be updating this weekly, so stay tuned.
Accessing Community Resources: Making the best of what Boston has to offer!
ABC’s of Employment: Get A Job, Get a Better Job, Enter Your Career
Download the worksheet:
Resume Writing in Google Docs
Managing Your Digital Footprint
Economic Impact Payments
Coping with Stress
Keeping a Job
Navigating Job Search
Applying for Jobs Online
The Elevator Pitch
Download the worksheet as a .docx or a .pdf:
- The SMART goals worksheet (.pdf)
From the Department of Transitional Assistance:
- As of Friday, May 29, Massachusetts residents can use their SNAP benefits to buy food online at Amazon and Walmart. Read today’s Press Release here.
DTA worked quickly with our EBT vendor to set this up. This option promotes equity and safety for our guests receiving SNAP benefits, allowing low-income households access to the same purchasing choices as other shoppers. To help spread the word, DTA has launched a new website: Mass.gov/SNAPonline.
The Sullivan Family Moving Ahead Program is one of Access to Recovery’s (ATR) Paths to Empowerment Job Readiness Career Building Initiatives (CBI), giving us access to helpful resources, such as this guide:
- Wellness Guide to Overcoming Isolation During COVID-19: Being Connected, Staying Connected, and Choosing Connection.
The Wellness Guide to Overcoming Isolation During COVID-19 provides practical guidance for overcoming feelings of isolation and loneliness by building connections with oneself and others. It is designed for self-exploration about being connected, staying connected, getting reconnected, and choosing connection even during difficult times.
All Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) publications are produced by Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.’s Human Potential Press. You can find more WRAP resources in the online WRAP bookstore.
General Resource Information:
Who’s Hiring (Local):
Who’s Hiring (National):
Webinars/Articles on Employment-Related Topics:
Lost Income? Grants/Funds for Unemployed:
- WBUR: Funds for Artists, Non-Profits
The Boston Foundation: COVID19 Response Funds
Mass Workers Emergency Relief Funds
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation: Resources for Restaurants and Workers coping with the COVID-19 Emergency
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation Crisis Relief Fund
- How to Help the Hospitality Industry During COVID-19 Bar Closures (via imbibemagazine.com)
- A List of Relief Funds for Restaurants, Bars and Food Service Workers (compiled by EATER)
- ONE FAIR WAGE – Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy – COVID-19 Response Fund
- National Domestic Workers Alliance – Coronavirus Care Fund
- COVID-19 Emergency Funding and Artist Resources (compiled by I CARE IF YOU LISTEN blog)
- List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak (compiled by Creative Capital)
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- MusiCares – COVID-19 Relief Fund
- COVID-19 Fund @ Sweet Relief
Information about COVID-19: