Donating stock or securities to St. Francis House is an easy way to give, with additional benefits:
- The market value of a gift of stock and securities is tax-deductible, just like any other charitable contribution.
- Giving stock or securities has an additional tax advantage over a cash gift: donors avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation of the asset.
Always consult with your tax advisor for specific tax information when giving securities, as certain limitations may apply. To make a donation, please notify Campaign Director Sheila Zarba-Campbell at email@example.com or 781-879-7377 with the name of the stock and number of shares being donated, as well as the expected date of transfer, so we can identify and credit your gift.
Then you or your broker can transfer DTC-eligible securities to:
PO Box 982600
El Paso, TX
Account number: 3189-4571
DTC number: 0164
Phone Number: 800-435-4000
NOTE: Electronic transfers of stock/securities to St. Francis House’s Schwab Charitable account are made without identifying the donor. When you decide to make a gift of stock, please notify St. Francis House of the details in advance.
St. Francis House is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization. Gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Our EIN is 22-2519129.
IRA Charitable Rollover
For individuals age 70 ½ or older, an IRA Charitable Rollover is an incredible way to give to St. Francis House. Benefits include:
- A charitable gift transferred from your IRA directly to St. Francis House will not be taxed and can qualify for the required minimum distribution (RMD), maximizing benefits to both you and St. Francis House.
- IRA gifts may be used to satisfy multi-year donor pledges.
To qualify, you must:
- Be age 70 ½ or older.
- Donate any amount up to $100,000 from your IRA.
- Transfer funds directly to St. Francis House from a traditional or rollover IRA.
To initiate the gift of an IRA Charitable Rollover, contact your IRA administrator. For a sample transfer request form that you can customize and share with your IRA administrator or financial advisor, please click here. St. Francis House is a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization. Gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Our EIN is 22-2519129.
If you have any questions about IRA charitable rollovers, please contact Campaign Director Sheila Zarba-Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781.879.7377.