Put your gently used clothing to good use.
Make an individual clothing donation or organize a clothing drive at your workplace, civic or neighborhood group, youth sports team, etc. Our staff is here to help and can provide any information or guidance you may need. Your efforts and generosity are appreciated by the thousands who come to St. Francis House each year for a fresh pair of clothes in times of need.
Donation Items Needed
Fresh Threads – regular everyday clothing
- Men and Women’s coats
- Men and Women’s sneakers, shoes, boots (no high heels or sandals)
- Men and Women’s jeans, khakis, cargo pants
- Men and Women’s sweatshirts, hoodies
- Men and Women’s polos, long sleeve shirts
- Men and Women’s t-shirts
- Men and Women’s winter hats
- Men’s belts
- Backpacks, duffel bags
Studio Shine – business casual clothing
- Men’s polo shirts, collared shirts, and business casual shirts
- Women’s button-down blouses (loose and fitted)
- Short sleeve and long sleeve tops
- Cardigans and sweaters
- Women’s casual long sleeve blazers
- Men’s slacks, dockers, and corduroy’s
- Women’s slack pants, skirts and business casual dresses
- Outerwear coats and jackets
- Belts and ties
- Women’s jewelry
- Business casual walking shoes
- Reusable bags (in good condition)
We appreciate if you only donate the items listed above. You may also purchase items to donate on our Amazon wish list, here. Please address your donation to “St. Francis House Clothing Department.”
Donations Not Accepted
- Children’s Clothes
- Household items (bedding, kitchenware, small appliances, furniture, books)
- Used socks, underwear, undergarments
- Damaged or discolored items
We immensely appreciate it if you only donate from the “Donation Items Needed” list due to our limited staffing and storage space. Thank you!
How to Donate
- If possible, please sort clothing donations by the following categories to assist our staff:
- Fresh Threads (casual, practical everyday clothes)/Studio Shine (professional and workforce attire)
- Drop off information:
- 39 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116 – between Tremont and Washington Street (Downtown Boston, NOT Jamaica Plain)
- Please park on the right side of the road. Do not park in the bike lane on the left side.
- Once you arrive, call the front desk at (617) 542-4211 and provide a description of your vehicle and its location. One of our Community Engagement team members in royal blue St. Francis House shirts/jackets will be out to assist you.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 9am-11:30am and 1pm-2:30pm
- Wednesday – 9am-11:30am and 1pm-2pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 9am-11:30am and 1pm-2:30pm
- Donating on the weekend:
- We operate with a smaller staff on weekends and recommend donating on weekdays if possible.
- If you must donate on a weekend, please park as normal and enter the building at 39 Boylston Street. Notify a member of our Community Engagement in blue St. Francis House shirts or hoodies that you have a donation, and someone will assist you as soon as possible. Please allow for some delay due to weekend staffing.
- Please do not call on weekends – our switchboard is closed.
- Large Donations:
- If you have a large donation (more than 20, 13–20-gallon trash bags tied closed), please call ahead to schedule a delivery time or contact our clothing supervisor.
- Mailed Donations:
- If you are making a donation via mail, please use our main shelter address: 39 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116.