Although our current classes are temporarily suspended, we are still open for business!
The coronavirus pandemic has not been easy on anyone. But for those individuals experiencing or vulnerable to homelessness who’ve lost their jobs because of it, or who were in the process of preparing to return to the world of work when the full force of it struck, it’s been especially tough. While our team may be working remotely for the duration, the St. Francis House Workforce Development Department is still open for business, continuing to provide services and resources for our guests.
Whether our guests need help getting ready to rejoin the workforce, editing their resumes, applying for work (and, amazingly, there are still some organizations hiring!), or are looking for resources to maintain their health and safety during this time, we’re here to assist in any ways that we can.
Through email, phone and video, we’re continuing to provide individualized services virtually. For guests not already assigned to a staff member but in need of assistance, there are a few ways to contact our team:
- Call our Front Desk: Call (617)-654-1257 and leave a message with your name and contact information and a team member will reach out to you that same day.
- Send an Email: email@example.com
And we highly recommend staying on top of your skills by attending virtual workshops, reading relevant articles and continuing to apply for work. Below is a list of resources compiled by our team that you may find useful.
General Resource Information:
Who’s Hiring (Local):
Who’s Hiring (National):
Webinars/Articles on Employment-Related Topics:
Lost Income? Grants/Funds for Unemployed:
- WBUR: Funds for Artists, Non-Profits
The Boston Foundation: COVID19 Response Funds
Mass Workers Emergency Relief Funds
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation: Resources for Restaurants and Workers coping with the COVID-19 Emergency
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation Crisis Relief Fund
- How to Help the Hospitality Industry During COVID-19 Bar Closures (via imbibemagazine.com)
- A List of Relief Funds for Restaurants, Bars and Food Service Workers (compiled by EATER)
- ONE FAIR WAGE – Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy – COVID-19 Response Fund
- National Domestic Workers Alliance – Coronavirus Care Fund
- COVID-19 Emergency Funding and Artist Resources (compiled by I CARE IF YOU LISTEN blog)
- List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak (compiled by Creative Capital)
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- MusiCares – COVID-19 Relief Fund
- COVID-19 Fund @ Sweet Relief
Information about COVID-19:
We’re continuing to create online learning tools and plan to regularly update the community with tools and resources. Stay tuned!